Saturday, December 09, 2006

Sleeping in!

One of the most enjoyable things is sleeping in on a Saturday. Actually sleeping in on any day of the week works too! When you don't sleep very well to begin with, sleeping in can be bliss!

Sleeping at all can be bliss. It used to be that I would only get insomnia a couple times of year. Maybe I was stressed about something, or had something on my mind ( such as it is.) On those nights I would find myself looking at the clock every five to ten minutes, and thinking, jeez, if I can go to sleep now, I can get 5 hours. Then soon it would be, if I can go to sleep now I can get 4 hours, then finally screw it, I may as well just get up now!

What I would give now for that once in awhile insomnia. Now, I don't sleep well because of chronic pain. Just as you get to sleep, you turn ever so slightly, and the pain receptors light up like a ( excuse the use of this analogy in December) freakin' Christmas Tree! Then it's back to staring at the clock going, jeez you mean it's only ( insert whatever time you want here!)

Sue has had to deal with this for many years. I have been leaning this little joy of chronic pain over the last 4 or 5. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. There are days, I just don't feel like doing anything. I can relate to Sue a lot more now than I used to. I understood, a little, from having been a medic. I used to take care of Sue, and now there are days she has to take care of me. Thank God I have a woman like Sue. I know that she doesn't mind helping do things when I can't Unfortunately, I have to accept that there are days when I can't That, for me is probably the hardest thing to deal with. Even harder than the insomnia.

No comments: