Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday, Monday

Here we are, another week. The first week of the last month of the year. Last night we had our Christmas play at church. The youth group put it on. It was called, "A Cricket County Christmas Cruise." This was a sequel to a Christmas play the youth group did 2 years ago. "A Cricket County Christmas."

In the original story the city cousins ended up in Cricket County at Christmas to meet their country cousins, and attend the reading of their rich uncle Zeke's will. It turned out the country cousins of Cricket County ended up with Zeke's millions. However the city cousins learned that Christmas was truly about a lot more than money.

In this story, the cousins end up on a cruise ship. The Country cousins are mistaken for the ship's custodians by the cruise director, they mistake an actor portraying one of the wise men in the Ship's Nativity play as the real thing, and everyone thinks a country man posing as a millionaire, is the real deal. Hilarity ensues. The play was a lot of fun, and the kids had a great time with it. Sandy played Pete, one of the city cousins, and enjoyed herself.

We started out the evening with a pot luck (We're a Presbyterian Church what a surprise!) We finished up by making some Christmas stockings to go to The Austin Street Shelter, that we support throughout the year.

Today, Sue and I tried to relax, as last night when we got home, I threw my back out. ( I really gotta replace that back one of these days. The damn thing goes out more than I do!!! Tonight we had a fire in the fireplace, so Sandy could get a chance to see it. Sue and I broke the fireplace in Friday night while she was gone. Anyway, that's about it today. Tomorrow, I will attempt to think of something to rant about. It's been awhile since I have blogged a good rant. I will have to see what I can do about that!

No comments: