Monday, December 18, 2006

Monday, and I have to fight with Social Security

Here is is, Monday. I am apparently going to have to call Social Security and sit on hold for hours because they don't keep their word. At any rate, here I am now waiting on hold. According to the automated system, the wait should be approximately 8 minutes. So I am waiting to see if this works out.

ARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was about one minute into the 8 minute wait, and I moved wrong, or something and the phone cut off. This has happened before, usually when I am on hold for a long time about something. I am never quite certain if it's our phone, or I have gotten cut off by the place I am calling.

At any rate, I am trying to find out what the heck happened to Sandy's SSI check for this month. screwed up last month and forgot to move her check to go into direct deposit into the new account, due to extenuating circumstances. (Namely the car crapping out on us) and didn't get the call in to them until the beginning of December. I called them and was assured that the money would be deposited into the correct account in 3 to 5 business days... It never got there. SO I called again today.

I actually got through within the projected 8 minutes. The guy checked and discovered that the money should have gone in, but if it isn't thee by tomorrow am, I have to call back... What can I say, Our government tax dollars at rest!

No comments: