Monday, January 16, 2006

Moday Musings

Monday Musings
Well it's Monday. I just finished reading a book about the Apostle John, called The Beloved Disciple." by Beth Moore. A very interesting read.
I am now reading "An Autobiography of God", by Loyd John Ogilvie. He uses the parables of Jesus to give a better picture of God.

Can you tell I am on a theological kick? I read a lot of different types of books. I read novels, Sci-fi and fantasy, thrillers, horror, Cop stories and the like. I also read biographies, autobiographies, true life crime cases, and have recently added theological studies to my list. I get the feeling that God is behind this latest interest.

It's probably got something to do with having found a great church a couple of years ago now, and taking over the library at that church. I have been cataloging the books into a computer database, and as I do, I have been seeing titles that make me think, "Hmm, I ought to read that!"

One excuse after another has caused me to not read most of the books I have found interesting, and now I feel led to read most of them. Will it make me a Theologian? I doubt it. Will it give me a better understanding of the God I serve? I hope so.
I do not mention this pursuit to show that I think I am better than anyone. I know well that I am no better in many ways than the lowliest of the lowly. I am just a struggling Christian who wants to find a better way to find what path God has set before me. If anyone who reads this is lifted up by God to follow similar pursuits, then Praise God. He put the idea into your heart, not me.
Blessings to you all.

No comments: