Monday, January 22, 2007

Prayer among friends, and other subjects.

We just got a call from Joan, a friend of ours from our church. It seems that the son of our Church secretary has sustained some type of injury to his arm, crushing it. We don't know all of the details, but at this time we don't need to.

This is an example of our prayer chain in action. When someone at our church needs prayer either due to an illness, an injury, or some type of need in the family, the prayer chain goes to work. In fact one doesn't have to be a member of our church to benefit from our prayers. Many times we are praying for a neighbor, or a co-worker of a church member. It's nice to know that when something happens to one of us, or we have a need, we can get prayer from a lot of people. I can guarantee when you have lots of people praying for you, you will feel it.

Other subjects:
I called the phone company this morning, and was assured that the tech would be there between 12 noon and 6 this evening. As it turned out he called me at around 1 this afternoon, and was there about 15 minutes later. Within a half an hour I had my second line up and running. I was actually impressed. So maybe the phone company doesn't suck as much as I thought.

The weather today has been a bit cooler, but not bitterly cold. I do not believe we have any major winter weather coming, but the fortune tellers ( I mean meteorologists) don't really seem to know what the weather is gonna do until just before it does it!!! We will see.

No comments: