Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Phone Company Sucks!!!

Yeah I know, we all think the Phone Company sucks. I have proof! A couple of weeks ago, I went online and ordered a second phone line installed so that I could go back to working from home for a few bucks extra a month. I got an e-mail acknowledging the order, and with it a notice that I would receive an e-mail letting me know when they would be coming out to the house to install the second line.

Last week I went online to look to see what the status of the order was. My order showed up, marked complete. Excuse me? How was it complete when they hadn't even been to the house to install the flippin' line...Might I ask? So I figured that I would wait till today to call to find out what the hell was going on.

We got up at 6:30 this morning with Sandy as usual, and after she left for school, Sue and I went back to bed for a couple of hours. When I got up the phone was flashing, telling me there was message. The Phone Company installation tech had called at 9:15 to say he was on his way. Naturally he knocked and we never heard him. He left a door hanger telling us to reschedule.

What really gripes my cookies is that they never bothered to send me the promised e-mail letting me know the date the guy was going to show up! Had I known he was coming today, I would have made certain to be up and semi-coherent so I could get the line in. Now I have to wait till next Monday, the 22nd to get the line in. CRAP! So I offer this as proof of what we have all known for many years. The Damn Phone Company (Any one of them be it AT&T, General Telephone, or what ever stupid company you have near you that gives you phone service {an oxymoron if I ever heard one} SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: