Thursday, October 19, 2006

Has Fall fallen?

The temperatures here in North Texas seem to have finally decided to cool down. I was beginning to think that sumer was going to hold on to the year like it does in Arizona. Good old Phoenix. Where you have temperatures of over 100 degrees for 8 to 10 months out of the year. Where you walk outside and it feels like you have walked into an oven. Where if you hear somebody tell you "Well, at least it's a dry heat" You can respond, "Yeah, and so's a blast furnace!" while you cheerfully pummel them to within an inch of their lives!

Halloween is nearly upon us. Soon we will have the pitter patter of little feet, with their grubby little hands stretched out - Demanding sugar. Mass quantities of sugar. (OK so they refer to it as candy. But let's face it, it is pure sugar we are giving them. Frankly I used to have more fun doing some kind of a costume or make up job to answer the door to pass out the candy. One year I did a pretty good make up and costume as a werewolf, and hid in the buses with a chain around my neck, and jumped out and snarled. I remember scaring the crap out of a few mothers, while the kids just went Werewolf! Cool! (I am reasonably certain one lady needed a change of undies! (Ain't I a stinker!)

But if I remember I started this by mentioning Fall, didn't I? Man do I ever go off on a tangent!!! Anyway, the temperatures are getting cooler, the leaves are starting to change color. I love seeing the change of colors that fall brings. We didn't get that in Phoenix. The air is a little crisper, and it feels like the year is beginning to wind down. Soon, we will be able to get a fire going in the fireplace. Man I love this time of year.

No comments: