Monday, October 02, 2006

3 Days in a row.

This is a first for me, actually posting more than once a month. Actually this is the third day in a row that I have been here posting. Part of it is that I need to get back in the habit of writing. Writing anything is writing. So the log gets the benefit of my new and improved attempt to get back in the game as it were. What game? Writing of course.

Sue and I are starting to work on the new screenplay, and I also need to start writing short stories to try to sell. ( Couldn't we all use a few extra bucks?) The only problem for me is getting started. The other day I asked what others do to remember to do things they need to do. Well, I use the Calender feature on my browser, and we also have a dry erase board in the kitchen/dining room. We usually reserve that for grocery lists and other lists of things we need to get.

I think however, that the best way to remember to write is to sit down and do it. A famous author ( Don't ask me who this was) said he hated writing, and had to force himself into it. Another one said he had to stand at the fireplace mantle and write longhand. Fortunately I am not yet in that boat. I actually like writing. My problem is that I get lazy, and sit in front of the lobotomy box and vegetate. Yeah I know. I am working on it though. Sue and I have cut down on the number of shows we watch, and no matter how interesting this season's crop of new shows may look, we are avoiding them like the plague. Especially the ones that look like serial types. Like "Lost" or "Desperate Housewives" You know the type that if you miss one episode you're basically screwed as to what is going on.

Anyway if you are going to write, my new philosophy is: WRITE!!!!

No comments: