Saturday, September 30, 2006

Remembering to do what you gotta do!

Yeah, I know. It's been awhile. One of these days I have to make more of an effort to get up here and blog. I get busy around the house, taking care of Sandy and things of that nature. Excuses, excuses, excuses. I claim to be a writer, and I forget to try to write every day. There are several things I try to remember to do every day, such as write. Sue and I are starting the new screenplay, and we need to force ourselves to write every day, or we will never get it done. Does anyone who reads this, ( Both of you that is Lol!) have any methods to kick your selves in the butt to do things you need to do? If so I would dearly love to hear them.

For example, besides the screenplay, I should really start sitting down and trying to start writing short stories again, and try to sell them. God knows we could use the extra income, if I could start selling some. The problem is, if I don't sit down and start writing them, I won't have anything to sell!

I make my self calender reminders on the computer, then when they pop up, go "Yeah, I gotta do that. I will in a bit!" At least it's a start.

I get a survey from ABC inner Circle, and the one I just took asked me if I would be interested in writing a blog for them. Well, if I get the gig, that means I will have to start writing on a more regular basis. Maybe that will give me a kick start. Well, that's all for now. I'll keep you posted on whether or not I get the ABC blog gig.

2 comments:

Kurt said...

sweet. i hope it works out. i know exactly what you mean are arranging priorities.
my wish is the ones that need doing were fun...

Mike Bacon said...

There is that. I wish they were fun too. When the writing gets going and going well, it can be. Sometimes the problem is just getting kicked off. Once we do that, and actually start working on a daily basis, we get into the groove. Getting there, as the old ad used to say, is half the fun